Thursday 12 June 2014

YALC Readathon

With just 30 days to go, I am in full reading-flow getting prepared for the UK's first ever Young Adult Literature Convention, happening at Earl's Court this July. You can check out some reviews of books by authors that will be appearing in my previous blog posts.

Until the schedule for the weekend was published yesterday, I had also been doing a fair bit of trawling the internet, desperately looking for things with YALC hashtag to get glimmers of information about what might be happening. I may also have badgered some authors on Twitter to find out what they would be up to, but they were quite accommodating!  One thing that I did come across, was this lovely blog by Jessica - Jess Hearts Books. Along with some other bloggers, she is running the #YALCReadathon, which will take place between the 23rd-29th June 2014.

I will definitely be doing this. I'm not sure where I'll be up to by then, but my to-read list is currently:

  • She Is Not Invisible by Marcus Sedgwick
  • Tinder by Sally Gardner
  • Take Back the Skies by Lucy Saxon
  • Undone by Cat Clarke
  • Trouble by Non Pratt
  • Hello Darkness by Anthony McGowan
  • Geek Girl by Holly Smale
And at the moment, I'm reading Geekhood:Close Encounters of the Girl Kind by Andy Robb and How I live Now by Meg Rosoff. Phew!

So expect more book reviews soon... lots of books!

Also, check out some awesome reviews by students in my Carnegie Award shadowing group here.

No comments:

Post a Comment