Sunday 23 February 2014

Call off the search!

It's OK, I'm still alive! I did my run yesterday and then had a lovely time meeting my friends' - Adam and Clare - new baby, Thomas! He was gorgeous and can totally wave, which is pretty amazing for 6 weeks old.

I will confess, I didn't quite make the 20 minutes solid running; at 10 minutes I did about 30 seconds of walking, which at the time I felt I needed and, on reflection, wish I had pushed through so I wasn't having to explain myself to you now. Ah well, in 3 runs' time, I have a full 25 mins to aim for, so hopefully I'll use this experience to try and tought that one out a bit better.



As I'm moving towards proper running now, I thought I'd share some links that I found useful when I got into running the first time around.  Firstly, this is a really quick warm-up routine from Runner's World that gets your legs good to go. And, from the same website, this is a lovely Yoga-based cool down that really stops you from feeling stiff and achy. I also noticed that I became a lot more flexible after completing this routine after each run for a couple of weeks.

Finally, after sustaining a fairly nasty ligament injury in my foot, due mostly to high in-steps and poor running form, I did a bit of research, corrected how I was placing my foot on the ground, and found  this blog post after my friend Suzi suggested I lace my trainers differently. There's lots of suggestions for combatting common foot problems, so check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment