Thursday 20 February 2014

In which I surprise myself...

Firstly, a quick (and surprising) update: on Tuesday I did my second weigh-in and found I had lost 4lb; that's a 6lb total in two weeks! Go me!

But that is not how I surprised myself...

Last night some words came tumbling out of my mouth that I thought I'd never hear myself say. In fact, this is what I looked like after I realised what I had said:


And what words would create such a face of confusion and disgust? 
"I'm looking forward to my run tomorrow".
Does this make me a bonafide runner now? Probably not, but I hope I'm on my way.

I was mainly looking forward to it, as I have got a bit better, but mostly because this was going to be a homecoming run. By that I mean, that instead of running the 'Where's Wally Run of Eternal Torment', I'd be running one of my old routes from the last time I'd got into running (approx. 18 months ago).

And now that I've done it? Nope, I do not regret those words at all - I ENJOYED my run! Saturday is going to be a tough one though - it's my first run run - no intermittent walks - 20 minutes solid running. If you don't hear from me by Saturday bedtime, could you send a search party because I'll probably be dying somewhere?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment