Thursday 6 February 2014

National Libraries Day

Today has been fun! To celebrate National Libraries Day (officially Saturday) I've been pestering students to make monster book corners like this...



And join in a library treasure hunt that I found here (you will need a TES account, but they're free to set up).

Then, this evening, I took my 5 year old son to our local library for a pyjama party. It turns out that 5 year olds are not brilliant at being good sports when playing party games at bedtime! However, the stories and the craft activities went down a treat.

Next Friday, I will be hosting my second speed-book-dating event at school... A big part of Reading for Pleasure is sharing that enjoyment with other people, soppy schmaltz etc etc...

Go show your local library some love this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment