Sunday 16 February 2014

Twelve Days of Blogging

Today I made a breakthrough - by taking The Infamous Sadist aka Emma running with me, I shaved 5 minutes off my time round the Escherian circuit!  That means I'm running a kilometre a whole minute faster than I was twelve days ago! To be fair, I abandoned my cosy little walk/run routine, and just ran as much as I could. This started well and ended less so, but I could feel the improvement. Fingers crossed, I'll be able to run most of it come March 7th (the hill of death is still too horrendous to even think about running!)

If you've been following my blog, you'll remember I set myself some goals in my first post; here's a reminder:

1) To lose 30lbs through hard work and eating healthily - no fads or shortcuts!
2) To get organised about shopping and cooking (this will help with goal number 1)
3) To do my own kitchen makeover (the 'tester' cabinet has been done since October-ish)
4) To read daily
5) To complete outstanding craft projects so I can start new and exciting ones

As for number one, I've been putting in the effort pounding the pavements of Amesbury and Durrington and managed to lose 2lb last week without really making any other changes.  My diet does still need a lot of improvements, but one thing at a time, eh?

Number two has been delegated to the hubby, who thinks he's the more frugal shopper. Fine by me!

Nothing has happened in the kitchen, and probably won't until the weather improves so I can paint outside.

I've been reading most days - currently reading Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman, as I'm using it for a GCSE Literature project, and it is really gripping stuff! I may have accidentally found out what happens later on in the book, but that hasn't spoilt it; in fact, it has just made it all the more tense. It may be Young Adult fiction, and I know some people get sniffy about that, but it is GOOD and well worth a read. Also, Malorie is a bit of a hero to me - she rocks!



And finally, I have been catching up on some crochet! I know, I know... I am that cool! I may do a little crochet post in the next few days, so if that bothers you, you have been warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment